Monday, December 8, 2014

A trip to Little Switzerland //:


        We took a very needed Christmas getaway this weekend. With finals coming up this week and working all of the time, we were very excited to have a little time to our selves in what I have dubbed  our private little corner in the mountain, Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We made some memories that I am sure will warm my heart for the years to come. 

FRIDAY
        On our first day we we're supposed to see the Christmas parade, but it was canceled because of the rain. (Sad!) Instead we got to admire all of the Christmas decorations at the Crescent Hotel and had a candle lit dinner at our one of our favorites, Local Flavor. (I had the best meat balls I have ever had plus my first ever ( and free woo!) vanilla bean creme brûlée! We visited our favorite local coffee shop, Daily Roast and had coffee and hot chocolate!!

SATURDAY
        Saturday morning we got up extra early to beat the crowd at, what Arkansas voted "The Best Breakfast",  Mud Street Cafe. If you ever find yourself walking down those floral carpeted stairs into this underground restaurant, I highly recommend the blue berry pancakes and self serve coffee. It's the bomb! Hours of exploring every little shop tucked into the packed streets and soooooo many shop keeper's and tourist's dogs that I forced my love on. (Including a giant Great Dane.)  Saturday night it was the 31st annual Tour Of Homes where we drank hot apple cider, listened to carolers, and were invited into some of the oldest historical residents homes. We admires their Christmas decorations and heard interesting stories about how they came to be and who lived there. Then it was off to the Crescent again to see the Christmas Tree Garden be lit in honor of all of the charities in town. Each one had decorated their own tree and we all got to vote on our favorite! I had more cider and played with more dogs before we headed out again to attend the Christmas gala at the Basin Hotel. Surprise! Imagine me, in my Christmas party appropriate green dress, tights, sparkly shoes, pearls, and lipstick (The works basically) so excited only to find out that the Gala wasn't until Sunday night and we almost crashed a private party!! I wondered why every one was giving me strange looks! I could only assume that it was remnants of the caramel apple wedges I had earlier hanging out on my face drawing their attention. We had a laugh and ended up at the best Italian restaurant in the world possibly, Ermilios. It was a happy, and delicious ending to the day. 

      SUNDAY   
        Sunday morning, our last few hours of our trip. Breakfast at Mud Street. Last minute gifts. Coffee at Daily Roast. 


Why can't vacations last forever?



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Have some thoughts? Share them here!