Sunday, November 23, 2014

November //:

INSPIRED + IN NEED


A girl has got to have her space. 
Am I right?

        Throughout our two and a half blissful years of marriage, we have lived in the same...tiny... 4'11" tall me can touch the ceilings on my tippy-toes + an inch rent house. We are still in the beginning of our twenties and trying (scraping and scrounging around extra money any way we can) to get through college to be school teachers.  We both love kids! Something else we love? Space. And we have none of it. (Just ask our two cats. Ughhhh) It was humorous squeezing our queen size bed into our teeny bedroom. Side shuffling around it every morning and night isn't exactly what I dreamed for "master bedroom". As pleasant as it is taking a shower in the add-on bathroom, ( where the installation wasn't don't by carpenter who valued perfection as a must) and stepping onto cold, cracked linoleum, having a real, insulated, quality bath, and floor will be just what the doctor ordered. A girl can dream can't she? 

Here are a few spaces I have pinned over the last six months that keep me hoping for a place I can call home.  


^^^
Tall ceilings, subway tile, maps, lights, reclaimed wood, open shelving, brick flooring, leather cabinet pulls, bed board panelling, modern table, Edison bulbs, gorgeous map




Striped rug, simple rustic table, gorgeous sink, (why? why are you $1,000??)
giant windows, light unstained wood floors, simplistic bed board walls, glass pained cabinets.
I love so many elements of both of these kitchens. I would combine my favorite parts!

^^^
So many things to love about this bathroom. 
Small, but spacious because of the reflective subway tile.
moroccan rug, subway tile, herbal soaps on open shelving above a claw foot tub
chevon wood flooring, gold accents
Wow. 





^^^
I don't think I can even begin to go into why I love this bathroom so much.
You have eyes! You should know!

^^^
My favorite right now!
Such a classic industrial piece that says "Hey! I'm modern AND rustic!"
My kind of light bulb.

^^^
See above comments about Edison bulbs and apply to this light fixture.
Yes, please!

^^^
I think of all the things I am most excited about, it is being able to host our family and friends. 
In this little abode we share, there is room for one couch, a small dining room table, (It seats four comfortably) and only one person (or two very, very small people) at a time in the kitchen. It will be so nice to be able to celebrate holidays, and have fellowship with the ones we love without me stressing out about us all being crammed into what feels like a corner. 

^^^
Neutrals. Yes yes yes.
There is something so calming about literature. I find myself pouring over books more and more as  this winter comes into its full chill. When you are gone, what will remain? Your words are immortal. I want that to be emphasized in my home.


^^^
Exposed brick, platform bed, love notes written above the bed, crates, white bedding, dark floor.
and SPACE.

         We are looking into buying our first home around the end of January. It has so many elements that give it the potential to fulfill the desire I have for this style of home.  My thoughts are so divided. I want to move off to far away places and experience the world, alone with Zachary. Just the two of us. But I have family that I love and would hate to leave behind. I know that both of our family would miss us terribly. On the other hand, we live in a nice little town. It isn't as culturally diverse as I would like it to be, but we are the ones who develop culture, right? The home is so close to the little Art Gallery in town and I tell myself that is culture enough. 

I don't really want to have the biggest, nicest house in town.
I just want to have a house I am comfortable in and am proud of. 
Being a young something isn't easy, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have some thoughts? Share them here!