Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Kristin&Kenneth //: couples




Here's to making new friends this year.


Zach and I have a couple of great couple friends, and it may seem nerdy but I am always on the lookout for compatible couples we can befriend! 














        When it comes to social situations, I find myself an extreme intro/extrovert. How is that even possible? The thought of being around people is so appealing to me. "Oh your having a group get together? Sure I'll be there!" genuine excitement followed by the dread of having to socialize on the day of said event. I have to literally force myself to hang out with people other than my husband. It wouldn't be so bad, but I feel this extreme pressure to not say something weird or stupid, which is almost every conversation I have in a social situation.  (Just for the record, I said something REALLY stupid to an acquaintance I bumped into today. Que an instant replay of the convo over and over and over again. Ughhh.)  But with people like Kenneth and Kristin, there was no pressure at all. No expectations. Pictures would be taken. Lunch would be eaten. Laughs would be had. 

Happy Tuesday.


2 comments:

  1. I know her! She's related to Geoffrey. I love these photos, especially the black and white! (I'm a bit biased to b&w though..obviously. Ha)
    And it's so funny, I still kick myself for things said like, ten years ago, so you're not alone haha. In social situations, my mouth works faster than my brain 80% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny that you say that because she has always kind of reminded me of you! I think I may have even mentioned it to her. haha She's very sweet! Thank you! I'm currently stuck on b&w. Every time I edit a photo, I have to force myself to post a full color as well. Ahhhh glad that I'm not the only mouth over mind out there. Maybe this year we'll be a little kinder to ourselves! (Because let's be real, if you're like me, the whole "I'm going to never say anything dumb or questionable again!" thing doesn't work so long for me.)

      Delete

Have some thoughts? Share them here!